Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gym bunny!!!

Woohoo, we're all joined up as members of the Y, and ventured over there today for a family swim.
The water was warm, but the air was a little chilly, as only the outdoor pool was open for rec swimming at the time we went. S was super excited but also a little hesitant at first, but soon warmed up (figuratively, not literally... he started shivering almost immediately, like he did last summer in our apartment's non-heated pool).
Baby A (almost 6 months now!) was a trooper with her first ever swim, and even let me dunk her under twice!!
After a short swim, H went home for some peace & quiet, while I checked the kids into "kids corner" & did my first workout:
30mins on the elliptical.
1.2miles.
150cals.

Weight: 65.4kg

On thursday I get my orientation at the gym, jncluding my "fitlinxx" doohickey.
This automatically tracks any machine (cardio or weights) workout you do, remembers your settings, etc, and you can manually enter any non-machine workout you do too.
I'm hoping there's some way of easily sharing that info from the doohickey to my blog, but I guess I'll find out on thurs.
(PS - S loved the kids corner... was having so much fun he didn't want to stop & eat his lunch when the teacher asked! Baby A not so much... she refused to take a bottle from them... but guzzled it down as soon as I arrived to hold her. Hopefully things improve there...).

No comments:

Post a Comment